Saturday 13 September 2008

Been a Bad Girl!

Well this was my first full week back at school. As I've gone part time not sure that I can claim that but I feel like I've done a full week. Seven year olds are great fun but soooo tiring!

Anyway that's my excuse for not blogging and crafting. But last night I had to do some, having entered the Bad Girls Top Designer competition again this year I needed to get a move on and get my layout started and finished! The class required layering so I thought I'd have a go at something that I had seen but not tried before, layering the same photo with different colours effects. That was my first Bad Girl moment I didn't realise that it would totally change the way I put the layout together and it took three attempts to get a layout that I felt worked and that I was happy with. I'm left with a pile of lovely papers with various cuts, folds and curls that I now need to use on other layouts. still I love the finished article so I guess that's all that matters.

I have no expectation of making it to the last week but I love how this competition makes me think outside my usual safe zone. My target is to stay in at least as long as last year.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

I love this LO. So did you get through round 1??